RECENT STUDENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
We are proud of our current and former students’ impressive work! We highlight some recent successes of our students and alumni below.
Send us your accomplishments! email@example.com
2019-2020 Department of Sociology Award Recipients
Outstanding Undergraduate in Sociology
Outstanding Graduate Student in Sociology
Grusendorf Award for the Outstanding Sociology Senior
The Herman Spirit Award
Graduate Program Award for Outstanding Contribution
Clarence Schultz Scholarship
Charlotte McCord Scholarship
Geoff Wood Memorial Scholarship
Shelby Renee Newman Memorial Scholarship
Graduate Gender Studies Scholarship
Graduate College Merit Fellowships
Graduate College Scholarship
Cecilio Lopez Rosales
Liberal Arts Academic Achievement Certificates
Luis Ramirez Cano
Alpha Kappa Delta (AKD), International Honor Society of Sociology, 2019-2020 Inductees:
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION, PUBLICATIONS, AND SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Graduate student in Dementia and Aging Studies (MSDA), Brenda Fagan, has been selected to attend the 2020 Mind & Life Summer Research Institute. This year’s theme is “Cultivating Prosocial Development Across the Lifespan: Contexts, Relationships, and Contemplative Practices.”
- Graduate student in Sustainability Studies, Lindsay Loftin, was the student delegate appointed to represent the Sustainability and Sociology programs at the annual student Graduate Leadership Conferences at Texas State.
- Graduate student in Sustainability Studies, Tom Myers, was accepted into the Ellen MacArthur Foundation- 2020 From Linear to Circular Program, was a 2020 Nominee/Finalist-Texas Business Hall of Fame-2020 Future Texas Legend Veteran Award, selected to pitch at the 2020 SXSW Texas State Innovation Lab, and is currently interning with the TXST Office of Sustainability. Tom was also featured in the March 6, 2020, TXST Digital Newsroom Article https://news.txstate.edu/student-achievements/2020/texas-state-grad-student-goes-solar-for-solarsno-shaved-ice.html
- Graduate student in Sustainability Studies, Amanda Armstrong, is working on a saline aquaphonics publication with Dr. Saha in the Ag department.
- BS Applied Sociology senior, Karen Gaytan, was awarded the 2020 Undergraduate Research Fellowship which will support her research project titled San Ygnacio Documentary.
- MS in Dementia & Aging Studies graduate student, Lisa Fournier, has started a blog that she feels connects the dots between her caregiving experience and the research she is doing in this program: http://carepartnerguide.com/wp/